Privacy & Data Protection
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as such, any information concerning the Client and their respective Client Records may be passed to third parties. However, Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any of their Client Records that we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
The information we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Your IP address (your computers Internet Protocol Address), which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website and statistical purposes and may be combined with other personal data we process to identify your browsing behaviour.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you if you select to receive email updates on products and offers.
- Session information stored in cookies used to ensure the correct data is extracted from the database when you use our website. For more information on the cookies we use on this site please see our cookies page.
- We do not hold sensitive payment details such as your card number, expiry date and security code. All credit and debit card payments are handled through our secure third party payment processor Paypal. Please refer to these companies respective privacy polices.
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used by us and our third part contractors:
- To process your order & provide after-sales service.
- To comply with legal requirements.
- To keep you up-to-date with out latest offers.
On occasion, and only for our own administrative functions, your personal data may be processed outside of the EEA by our third party contractors. By registering an account with us, contacting us by email, our contact form, or through live support, or by placing an order with us, you consent to the transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA where it may be processed on servers outside of the EEA, and by our third party contractors.
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by clicking on the contact us link or by writing to us at our customer services address in (2) below. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to process orders or to comply with customer service or after sale obligations.
You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to "The Jewellery Superstore" to cover our administration costs:
Privacy & Data Protection
PO Box 260
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions page for further details.